Beards are becoming more fashionable nowadays. I thought having a beard would make me look cool so I decided to let my mane grow out. However, after only two weeks I had to shave it off—the problem was that it was incredibly itchy, something I had never experienced before. However, I decided to soldier on and look for a solution. The steps to having a full beard without worrying about the itchiness are easy to learn and understand. I thought I should share with you my solution for how to stop a beard from itching.
What causes beard itch?
The first step in treating an itchy beard is to understand the cause. The problem of the itchy beard begins when one shaves it. As the new follicles grow out, they cut into the skin and cause severe irritation. This is because some razors are designed to lift out and cut the hairs from deep in the skin. As the follicles grow out, they dig into the skin causing tiny serrations. Hundreds of thousands of these minor cuts can lead to a maddening irritation that makes one want to yank at their face.
Another reason behind the itchy beard is dead skin cells. These skin cells are stuck to the hairs as they grow out and end up rubbing against the skin. This leads to a very irritating beard. The other most common cause of the itchy beard is dry skin. Beard hair is usually coarse; as it rubs against the dry, caked skin, it causes a nasty itch.
A cure for the itch
In order to cure an itchy beard, you will need a few supplies:
- Hair conditioner
- Moisturizing cream
- A moustache and/or beard Comb
- A razor (electric)
- Baby shampoo
Beards can very easily pick up a lot of debris. This includes dust, dead skin cells and food particles that fall off as you eat. However, regular shampoo is not really designed for facial hair and could do a lot of harm. It may cause the beard to become more coarse, worsening the condition. It is advisable to use baby shampoo, which is gentler on the hair follicles.
Cleaning all the grime from the beard solves just part of the problem. The hairs of the beard are still coarse, and are constantly rubbing against your skin. In order to deal with this, apply normal hair conditioner. The conditioner softens the follicles, which greatly reduces the itchiness.
Softening the coarse hair is great but is not enough to keep the beard itch at bay. In order to keep the skin from breaking up and causing a nasty itch, you need to keep it hydrated. For this, you need to use a moisturizer. It keeps the skin elastic and strong which means that it won’t be hurt by the hair follicles rubbing against it.
Despite the best efforts, there are always those ingrown hairs that just want to ruin your day. The best way to deal with them is to stand in front of a mirror and examine the beard for a few minutes in the morning. You should then use the tweezers to remove these hairs. This way you can keep the itchy beard problem at bay before it becomes too much of a problem.
In order to keep the ingrown hairs at bay, you should use a beard or moustache comb. This will help the follicles to grow in a single direction so that your skin will become less irritated. In addition, combing the beard makes you look neat and presentable.
When the beard reaches a satisfactory length, avoid using a manual razor. An electric razor is better since it gives a more even cut and you can effectively deal with ingrown hairs. An electric razor is also gentler on the facial skin.
I should however caution you against using a glycerin-based conditioner. This is because in rare cases bacteria may be the cause of a beard infection. Using glycerin feeds these bacteria colonies which will worsen the problem so it’s advisable to use petroleum-based products for beard maintenance. In addition, you should always eat healthily. The easiest way to deal with dry skin is to give it the right nourishment. Not only does it improve the condition of the skin, it also makes the beard appear healthier.
Beard Itching Products
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Softens Coarse and Rogue Hairs
- Stops the Itch and Eliminates Beardruff
- The BEST for your beard - GUARANTEED!
- The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World
- STOP BEARD ITCH- Cleanses the beard and face of sebum and dead skin buildup that cause itchiness
- GROW BEARD FASTER- Has exfoliating power to free your follicles to sprout into healthy whiskers
- WASH BEARD DANDRUFF AWAY - Chemical free dandruff relief. Leaves beard soft, clean and manageable
- LATHERS BIG AND WHITE- Earthy, 100% Natural & organic. No fillers or gums that block beard growth.
- GUARANTEED BEST BEARD GROOMING - Ships with OneDTQ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and great customer service.
- CLEANER, SOFTER BEARD - specially formulated for facial hair, Kave beard shampoo cleans without drying out the hairs or irritating the skin
- DANDRUFF & ITCH FREE - beard wash eliminates dandruff and helps to alleviate itchiness.
- SMELL NICE - premium essential oils make you smell nice and add a clean masculine scent to your beard.
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS - essential oils clean and moisturize the beard and mustache without drying out the hairs or leaving a residue.
- Satisfaction Guarantee - as with our Beard Oil we are 100% positive you will simply love Kave beard care products and provide a full, no questions asked, money back guarantee.
Last update on 2017-01-21 at 09:03 / - Links / Images from Amazon
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates