- 1.Wash your beard properly and regularly
- 2.Use beard oil
- 3. Comb appropriately
- 4.Trim your beard to the desired length.
- 5.Avoid food particles in your beard
- 6. Maintain a healthy diet
- 7.If you have a long beard, style it.
- 8.Keep your neckline natural when shaving.
- 9. Try to match the shape of your beard to your face
- 10. Choose an easily manageable way of taking care of your beard.
Having a neat and well-kept beard requires work and commitment that if you lack as a man then you are better off being clean shaven. Nearly everything on the face of this planet that looks good had some work put into it, either by man or by nature and a beard is no different. So if you decide to grow your beard and would like to maintain it, here are some tips on how to make it look neat and healthy.
1.Wash your beard properly and regularly
Wash your beard with shampoo at least a couple of times a week. Do not use bar soap because it may dry up on the skin beneath the beard leaving an unpleasant feel. The moisturizing shampoo is preferred to keep the hair from becoming stiff. It is also advisable that you wash your beard under the shower to clear all the natural oil and give it a completely fresh feel.
After washing your beard, apply some beard oil to make the hair thick. This will also help in untangling the knotted bits so that it becomes easier to comb. Applying beard oil will ensure that there is minimum hair breakage as you comb through. A point to note here is that you should avoid beard oils that contain olive oil. It is not well absorbed into the skin.
3. Comb appropriately
Use a comb with strong bristles to comb your beard. As we have noted, applying beard oil will make your hair soft and thus easy to comb through. Avoid combing immediately after a shower when the hair is still wet. Combing your beard after applying oil will make the process much easier and relatively pleasant. This will in turn reduce hair breakage, something which is very common when combing. The beard combing should also be done slowly, don’t apply unnecessary force to it. Just slide the comb through to ensure that any knot that is still present is undone.
4.Trim your beard to the desired length.
In order to have your beard hair growing at the same level, it is advisable that you trim it regularly to get rid of overgrown or stray hair. This will make it appear neat.You can try to play around with new shapes. I f you don’t know how to do it yourself then it is most advisable that you seek the services of a professional barber.To choose the best beard trimmer, read our reviews here.
5.Avoid food particles in your beard
Sometimes when eating you may forget that you have grown facial hair. Your beard can decide to share your meal with you and trap food particles in the process. Imagine walking through the streets and everyone staring at you because you have a piece of food stuck on your facial hair. Now that is a very embarrassing scene. Eat carefully and always remember to check yourself in the mirror just in case.
6. Maintain a healthy diet
Well isn’t this too obvious? The key to a healthy skin and body is a good diet. For your beard to grow properly and look healthy, ensure that you eat a balanced diet because all that hair growing on your face will definitely need something to fuel the growth.
7.If you have a long beard, style it.
Not very many people manage to grow very long beards but if you happen to be one of them, then you need to style your beard. There are very many styles to pick from and you can settle on that which appeals to you the most.
8.Keep your neckline natural when shaving.
When you are shaving or trimming your beard hair, try to follow the natural boundary of hair without moving it further away from the original position. This is a very common mistake and it can make you look funny but not in a good way.
9. Try to match the shape of your beard to your face
There is a reason why some people can only shave their head a certain way, it all depends on the shape. I know that comes off as a brush, but it is the truth. There are some hairstyles that are not meant for everyone and you would do yourself a favor by knowing which one suits you best. The same logic applies to beards and the way you trim it should be in accordance with the shape of your face. This will not only make it enhance your appearance, but it will seem as though it was meant to be there.
10. Choose an easily manageable way of taking care of your beard.
Just because you have a beard doesn’t mean you spend hours in a single day taking care of it. People may start questioning your manhood and you may be likened to ladies who spend too much time on makeup. Have an effective yet manageable routine of taking care of that beard so that you are not inconvenienced on a daily basis. If that is not possible then you’d just rather shave it all off, you’ll have an easier time then.
Having a beard may seem fun and easy but there is work put into maintaining its appearance. For you to look presentable, it is necessary to follow the above tips in taking care of it. As we have seen, having a beard is not just about growing facial hair, there is a lot of commitment that comes with it. Just like any other parts of our body, if they are unkempt they may be a health hazard. Your beard can be the breeding haven for lice and other parasites. It may also give off a bad smell because of all the stored up sweat. It is therefore very important to take care of it and make it look neat and presentable always.
- Beard Grow Support Vitamin Formula In the World for faster and thicker facial hair growth
- Enhanced formula supports natural hair growth with FAST ACTING results
- Special One of a kind MEN only blend
- Completely natural non-hormonal formula
- GROW YOUR BEARD QUICKER, FULLER, AND TAMER - Carefully chosen natural oils moisturize the beard, hair follicles and pores to stimulate beard growth and thickness for a refined, polished and seductive look.
- TARGET THE PORES, NOT JUST THE HAIR - Most products only target the hair itself and do not focus on the most important part of your beard: the hair follicles and pores. Bossman Brands' Fortify Conditioner contains moisturizers and natural oils that target the beard at its source to create a healthier base which in turn creates a fuller and more mature looking beard.
- 1ST OF ITS KIND TO USE BETAINE - Betaine is an amino acid that occurs naturally in beets. The chemical structure of betaine makes it the perfect candidate to aid in moisturizing the beard because it easily attracts hydrogen atoms and creates that silky-smooth feel.
- MAGIC SCENT - Warm and intoxicating blend of rich sandal wood and vanilla oils that creates a clean base intended to highlight the bergamont, patchouli and frankincense accents. It was the "original" Bossman Scent for a reason. This scent is perfect for close encounters, special occasions and the days when your beard needs to be as smooth as you are.
- MADE IN THE USA, NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS, ALL NATURAL
- Grow Your Beard Super Fast
- All Natural Oils
- Made in the USA
- Conditioning Topical Rub
- Beard Farmer Backs Growther 100%
Last update on 2017-03-26 at 18:13 / - Links / Images from Amazon
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates